28 March 2007

It's Done

We had our last coversation on the phone tonight. I actually wasn't all that broken up about it. I had prayed really hard last night. I bore my soul to God and begged for help. The amazing thing was that I felt great all day today. No sadness. No regret for the decision I was making. I knew that I had to break it off before I did something stupid.

We talked about random stuff for a while, skirting around the real issue at hand. I won't bore you with the details, since all of my other posts are usually too freaking long. In the end I just told him that I had a goal that I was pursuing and that I hoped he would respect that I didn't want anything to deter me from that. I could tell that it hurt him a little, but he asked me to keep his phone number and call him if I ever changed my mind.

I almost said "see you later" when I hung up, but caught myself and just said "goodbye."

I feel so relieved.

8 comments:

Dog Crazed Brother said...

You are incredible. Good job there. May God bless you and keep you strong, and the rest of us too.

MoHoHawaii said...

It's better that you did this sooner rather than later in your relationship with him.

Still, it's sad. He sounded extremely nice. You sound extremely nice. The two of you together sounded extremely nice.

I'm sorry if I don't seem supportive. That's not it. I think you did the right thing given your situation and beliefs, which I respect. It just makes me sad in a larger sense: why do we have to stamp out happiness when it presents itself?

Anyway, I think you did the right thing given your situation. This is much better than going somewhere you were not prepared to go. Best of luck to you.

Craig said...

I cannot imagine how difficult that was. Or maybe I can. In any event, for what it is worth, I am proud of you. I hope you really feel proud of yourself.

John said...

WOW... You are awesome. I am amazed at your commitment and reliance on the Lord. That would have been really hard. Thanks for your great example!

Kengo Biddles said...

Wow, Max. I know it was difficult. I know the mishmosh of feelings inside you for the last while have been difficult to handle.

I'm glad you've made your decision and stuck to your guns. You never cease to amaze me, and I thank you, sincerely for your good example. It comes at times I need it most.

playasinmar said...

Good job, Max. Your ability to focus is admirable.

salad said...

Good work. I'm glad you were able to keep the long term in mind and make the decision you felt was best.

Unknown said...

it's never easy. and mohohawaii is wrong - it would not have been happiness anyway. because you know better.