05 February 2008

The Cleanse - Day 10

Whew! We're starting Day 10 right now and all is going extremely well. It's a third of the way over. I can't believe it. The time is flying by really fast.

The biggest differences I've noticed from the whole ordeal is that I no longer get the after-lunch doldrums at work anymore. I'm not sleepy and trying not to fall out of my chair at 1:00. It's great! I've also lost 5 pounds of flab. I've still got a ways to go on that before I have those washboard abs to show off, though.

This past weekend I was able to add a new aspect to the diet. Whenever I go to the gym and work out I get to add some lean meat (chicken/turkey breast or fish) to my dinner. Boy is that incentive to go to the gym!

Now I don't know if it's because last night was only the second time in 9 days that I had eaten meat, but the meal I made was one of the greatest meals I have ever eaten. And it was very, very simple. I got a package of turkey breast meat at Albertsons that was already cut up into 1/4" strips (about the size of fat french fries) so that it cooks really fast. With it I made the following:

4 oz turkey breast
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1/8 cup diced onions
1/4 of a jalapeno

Sautee meat in olive oil. When meat is nearing completion, add vegetables, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook til it's done.

I ate this with a very large portion of steamed Swiss Chard with fresh lime juice squeezed on it.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

No comments: