24 April 2007

Concert review: JET

I went and saw JET play at the House of Blues in Anaheim last night. It was a terrific show. The place was jam-packed and full of energy.

I saw these guys several months ago at the same venue. They were a little better then. The lead singer was a tiny bit hoarse last night, so he had to modify a few of the high notes on some of the songs. The previous show I saw, he hit every note as you hear it on the CD. But, even at that, they have great stage presence and kick-a$$ songs, so it was thoroughly enjoyable.

If you aren't familiar with them, they are basically a blend of AC/DC and The Beatles. The cool part about it is that with that sound, they attract a lot of older people to the shows. My date and I were sandwiched between a teenage couple and a couple of people that had to be in their late 50s.

The other cool thing about them is that they are big enough to play much larger venues and charge higher ticket prices, but they don't. They seem to be doing it for the love of music, which makes me respect them even more. Tickets were only $25, and in this area of the country with their popularity level they could have easily charged $45.

I'll tell you one thing, though, they aren't going to be winning any beauty contests any time soon. :P

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: