I had a couple of people tag me while I was blogless over the past week, so here it is. And I think that some of these facts are really going to give away my secret identity.
1) All right, here are the rules.
2) We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3) Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4) People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 Random Facts:
1) At my last job I was a real life rocket scientist. I worked on the Space Shuttle and have actually crawled around inside of Endeavour.
2) I have three college degrees. A BS in Mechanical Engineering, an MS in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA. I don't ever plan on going back to school unless I win the lottery, retire and am really bored.
3) My favoirte snack EVER is chips and salsa. I prefer Mexican food over any other food on the planet. I could eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant every day and not get tired of it. I might get fat, but not tired.
4) One of the many ways in which I do not fit the typical gay stereotype is that I am a car guy. I worked as a mechanic in the BYU auto repair shop for a couple of years while I was going to school there. I've also had 12 cars in my short life: '67 Chevy pickup, '73 Ford pickup, '65 Mustang, '69 Firebird, '78 Toyota pickup, '85 Thunderbird, '85 Capri, '85 Toyota pickup, '97 Tacoma, '78 Landcruiser, '98 Civic, and an '02 XTerra. I will have had the XTerra for 5 years in a few months. His name is Rufus.
5) One of the ways in which I do fit the gay stereotype is that I've always been a hairstyle guy. I may dress cheaply, but my hair always looks fashionable. I use hairstyle products without reservation.
6) For the most part I am English/Scottish on my dad's side and Welsh on my mom's side. I've visited cousins in Wales a few times. I went to Scotland last year and found the farming community of less than 100 people where my great-great grandparents lived. I found their headstones at the local parish.
7) I grew up in Utah and was super active in outdoorsey activities (until I moved to the big city in So Cal). I was an avid rock climber and have done some pretty awesome climbs. I did the Grand Teton when I was 14, Mt. Owen (the peak just north of the Grand Teton) when I was 15, and Devil's Tower when I was 16. I've done several "century" bike rides (100 miles). I've done many week-long backpacking trips. I've done some serious four wheeling that would scare the crap out of most people (including myself).
8) I played drums in a band that went on two short tours to the UK and Ireland. I know what it's like to be a rock star on the road. Well, at least a struggling rock star on the road, not a successful one. The biggest crowd that I have played for (in the US and in a different band) was 3000 people.
I think these people have all been tagged already, but I will do it as a reminder to them that they still owe us a list: AtP, John, Anomaly, Danish Life, Tito and Original Mohomie