09 January 2011

My Top 3 Albums of 2010

Here's my annual list of the 3 best albums of last year. "Best" in my book mainly consists of which albums I was drawn to listen to over and over and over and never got tired of them. I'm neither a complex nor a pretentious music critic. :)

Honorable mentions: Gorillaz "Plastic Beach"; OK Go "Of the Blue Colour of the Sky"

3) This one is a tie between Sarah McLachlan "Laws of Illusion" and Kylie Minogue "Aphrodite". They are both very different albums but I absolutely love both of them. The first tracks on each album just never become boring to listen to, no matter how many times you hit repeat.

2) Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More". This album just came out of nowhere and made me like folk music again. I had started to get tired of folk, but this album blew me out of the water and renewed my faith in the genre.

1) Scissor Sisters "Night Work". What can I say? It is a super fun album that you can't help but shake your money maker while you're listening to it. I've listened to this album more than any other this past year.

No comments: