01 May 2008

Weekend Wrapup

I know, I know, it's Thursday by the time you are reading this and you are confused as to why I'm talking about the weekend when another is nearly upon us. It's because I control the universe. Take that!

Anyhoo, last weekend was the second annual Huntington Beach Mid-Singles conference. It was a lot of fun. I didn't attend as much of it this year as I did last year. I was unable to attend on Friday night due to prior commitments, and I had a few things to do at home on Saturday morning. As such, my adventure with it all did not start until Saturday afternoon.

Well, I guess it sort of started on Friday night. One of the L.A. mohos and his friend spent the weekend on my couch so that he wouldn't have to make the hour drive from his house to HB each way all weekend. We stayed up fairly late each night chatting. It was a good time.

On Saturday afternoon I helped out with the surf clinic. It was great fun. It was so hot - perfect beach weather! The water was quite cold, but the waves were decent for beginners. I helped out a couple of girls for an hour or so, until my feet went numb. Then I got out and went to hang out with friends on the sand.

The dance later that night was a lot of fun. It was an 80's flashback dance. Lots and lots of good music. And in one of the lounge rooms, they had Rock Band set up. Wow. I love Guitar Hero, but holy crap I adore Rock Band.

Throughout the weekend I ran into quite a few people that I haven't seen for ages. It was really great getting caught up with them and their lives.

As expected, I didn't meet the woman of my dreams. Although that's probably mostly due to the fact that I don't really dream about women. I dream about... um... er... other things.... Like food... and such. Wow! Look at the time! I'd better wrap this up and get to bed...

No comments: